i’m just very bored
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it? yes
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now? yeah haha i’m 18
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time? a couple days ago, i was aggravated at my boyfriend for dumb reasons but then it was 4/20 so by the time he came over i wasn’t really mad anymore
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger? yes of course
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are? unfortunately my mommy and daddy
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today? sure probably, can’t think of one right now though
7. What exactly are you wearing right now? long sleeved duke tshirt and spandex nike shorts
8. How often do you listen to music? sorta often i guess. i usually put it on in the background when i’m straightening my hair or just chillin
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more? equal i think
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2015? umm probably not
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person? not super social, but not antisocial
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘B’? yeah
13. What about ‘S’? maybe?
14. Can you drive a stick shift? no. i’d like to learn though
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you? yeah it bothers me a bit
16. Are you going out of town soon? i go to college. i’m always out of town. but i am actually, i’m going out of town for my cousin’s wedding in a few weeks
17. When was the last time you cried? idk not that long ago
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them? yep
19. If you could change your eye color, would you? nah they’d look weird if they were anything else. although idk i could try out some lighter colored eyes if i wasn’t guaranteed to be stuck with them forever
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for? absolutely everything? i think the boy worthy of something like that would understand what an unreasonable expectation that is. i would do everything without compromising things that are important to me.
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having. well i did rather poorly on an organic chemistry exam. idk what it is, i’m just so bad at orgo.
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead? yesyesyes it’s adorable :) it’s one of my favorite things, it makes me scrunch up my nose and giggle and feel all lovey inside
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to? no
24. What are you sitting on right now? my bed
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you? yes
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have? umm sort of, but only in a purely physical sense, not a true want.
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night? my RA
28. Do you get a lot of colds? no, but i got sick significantly more often this year. so many germs in college
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from? duke store
30. Does anyone hate you? hate is a strong word. idk
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room? nope
32. Do you like watching scary movies? yes
33. Do you want your tongue pierced? no
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be? 9th grade ugh
35. Did you have a dream last night? yeah i don’t remember it right now though. i remember i woke up thinking of chemical reactions. didn’t do me any good on the exam.
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? a few hours ago
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years? no
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you? yes
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? probably not
40. Did you have a good day yesterday? not bad, i just studied for my exam
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship? yes
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl? yes
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you? yep
44. What’s the best part about school? that it’s almost over
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook? yeah, but no recent ones. i haven’t posted freshman pics all year and i feel like it’s too late to start a folder now lol
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school? no, i text?
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head? yes incessantly it’s so unhealthy
48. Were you single over the last summer? no
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago? not really, but that has to do a great deal with living away from home
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now? sleeping, maybe finishing a paper
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with? no i love him
52. Are you nice to everyone? usually
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to? definitely
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat? yes
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings? no. well maybe, i just don’t feel the need to hide them.
56. Do you think you like someone? pretty sure yeah
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘T’? i dont know maybe
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys? either. they’re both great in different ways.
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry? i think so? i know my boyfriend has, i think maybe a few of my friends have
60. Do you hate anyone? no
61. How’s your heart? great
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about? nah everything’s good
63. Have you ever cried over a guy? yep
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now? no one i’m not that controversial
65. Are your toenails painted pink? nope
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake? hope not, but LDOC is coming up so can’t be sure
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct? what? no that’s insane. i do not enjoy seeing my boyfriend hurt. i’ve never actually seen him cry though, i’ve only ever seen him tear up once
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public? no does that really happen to people?
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with? the jimmy johns delivery guy please stop reminding me what an addiction i have
70. How do you look right now? shitty and tired
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around? yes my family, and more recently my boyfriend. unfortunately my complete self is annoying as fuck idk how he deals with it.
72. Can you commit to one person? i want to say yes but i’m young and i have not faced the obligations of true longterm commitment yet
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to? yeah
74. Have you ever felt replaced? yes
75. Did you wake up cranky? i woke up worried
76. Are you a jealous person? no
77. Are relationships ever worth it? i think so
78. Anyone you’re giving up on? not really
79. Currently wanting to see anyone? just wanna go to sleep this survey is fucking longer than i expected
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow? finish my paper, edit photos for the chronicle
81. Last person you cried in front of? boyfriend
82. Is there someone you will never forget? yeah lots of people
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you? no not particularly
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now? sleeping
85. Are you over your past? i’m not “over” it like it’s something i had to deal with. i accept everything that happened to me and i don’t regret anything
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex? i think so
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to? yeah
88. If your first love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept? yea i like presents and apologies, obviously wouldn’t accept any request to be together. that’d be weird, we’re on friendly terms
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in? yeah
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated? nope…disapproved of, not hated
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months? i certainly hope so
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael? yes
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew? idk
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going? yes and great
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March? yep
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive? the most attractive
97. Who do you have texts from? my roommate and a groupme with friends
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say? seriously what the fuck. i don’t even know how i would react to that. i’d probably just try to stay calm and leave the relationship on good terms.
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you? yes
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you? no one
101. Ever kissed under fireworks? no :( i want to now
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies? yes
On xkit you get the black list extension and add in the tags you want to block.
thank you katie <3
how do i block tags?
i am happy for everything that fandoms represent and i understand that people get very invested in them and express themselves and form a community. that’s all great. i love the blogs of the people i follow and i am happy for what makes them happy. but personally i just don’t give a single fuck. is it possible to selectively block tags??
i am so frustrated and irritated and it makes it very hard to focus on chemistry
Pro Tip: Instead of having feelings, try being dead inside. Everything is still horrible but you will not care at all.
After learning my flight was detained 4 hours, Well—one pauses these days. Gate 4-A was my own gate. I went there. I put my arm around her and spoke to her haltingly. The minute she heard any words she knew—however poorly used— She thought our flight had been canceled entirely. Who is picking you up? Let’s call him and tell him. She talked to him. Then we called her other sons just for the fun of it. Then we called my dad and he and she spoke for a while in Arabic and Then I thought just for the heck of it why not call some Palestinian She was laughing a lot by then. Telling about her life. Answering She had pulled a sack of homemade mamool cookies—little powdered To my amazement, not a single woman declined one. It was like a And then the airline broke out the free beverages from huge coolers— And I noticed my new best friend—by now we were holding hands— With green furry leaves. Such an old country traveling tradition. Always And I looked around that gate of late and weary ones and thought, Not a single person in this gate—once the crying of confusion stopped They took the cookies. I wanted to hug all those other women too. Not everything is lost.
I heard the announcement:
If anyone in the vicinity of gate 4-A understands any Arabic,
Please come to the gate immediately.
An older woman in full traditional Palestinian dress,
Just like my grandma wore, was crumpled to the floor, wailing loudly.
Help, said the flight service person. Talk to her. What is her
Problem? we told her the flight was going to be four hours late and she
Shu dow-a, shu- biduck habibti, stani stani schway, min fadlick,
Sho bit se-wee?
She stopped crying.
She needed to be in El Paso for some major medical treatment the
Following day. I said no, no, we’re fine, you’ll get there, just late,
We called her son and I spoke with him in English.
I told him I would stay with his mother till we got on the plane and
Would ride next to her—Southwest.
Found out of course they had ten shared friends.
Poets I know and let them chat with her. This all took up about 2 hours.
Sugar crumbly mounds stuffed with dates and nuts—out of her bag—
And was offering them to all the women at the gate.
Sacrament. The traveler from Argentina, the traveler from California,
The lovely woman from Laredo—we were all covered with the same
Powdered sugar. And smiling. There are no better cookies.
Non-alcoholic—and the two little girls for our flight, one African
American, one Mexican American—ran around serving us all apple juice
And lemonade and they were covered with powdered sugar too.
Had a potted plant poking out of her bag, some medicinal thing,
Carry a plant. Always stay rooted to somewhere.
This is the world I want to live in. The shared world.
—has seemed apprehensive about any other person.
This can still happen anywhere.
After learning my flight was detained 4 hours,
Well—one pauses these days. Gate 4-A was my own gate. I went there.
I put my arm around her and spoke to her haltingly.
The minute she heard any words she knew—however poorly used—
She thought our flight had been canceled entirely.
Who is picking you up? Let’s call him and tell him.
She talked to him. Then we called her other sons just for the fun of it.
Then we called my dad and he and she spoke for a while in Arabic and
Then I thought just for the heck of it why not call some Palestinian
She was laughing a lot by then. Telling about her life. Answering
She had pulled a sack of homemade mamool cookies—little powdered
To my amazement, not a single woman declined one. It was like a
And then the airline broke out the free beverages from huge coolers—
And I noticed my new best friend—by now we were holding hands—
With green furry leaves. Such an old country traveling tradition. Always
And I looked around that gate of late and weary ones and thought,
Not a single person in this gate—once the crying of confusion stopped
They took the cookies. I wanted to hug all those other women too.
Not everything is lost.
—Naomi Shihab Nye (b. 1952), “Wandering Around an Albuquerque Airport Terminal.”